Personal Best provides a creative learning environment that supports participants in gaining a tailor-made qualification.
Personal Best develops the skills and knowledge of participants on the programme to maximise their chances of becoming a volunteer for major events including sporting events.
Personal Best is an enjoyable and flexible way for you to:
- Learn better ways to help and deal with people
- Get to know about safety and what to do in an emergency
- Work as part of a team
- Take part in volunteering in your local area
- Increase your self-confidence
Our Personal Best Training is normally delivered on a 2 days per week basis over an 8 week period and will include volunteering experience with a local voluntary organisation.
Personal Best training contents:
|Unit|| Unit Title|| Unit Length|
|Unit 1 ||Volunteering and the Olympic Games|| 10 hours|
|Unit 2 ||Becoming a volunteer|| 10 hours|
|Unit 3 ||Understanding equality and diversity|| 10 hours|
|Unit 4 ||Understanding effective customer relations|| 10 hours|
|Unit 5 ||Emergencies and basic fire awareness|| 10 hours|
|Unit 6 ||Public safety|| 10 hours|
|Unit 7 ||Introduction to conflict resolution in a public setting|| 10 hours|
|Unit 8 ||Developing team and interpersonal skills|| 10 hours|
|Unit 9 ||Preparing and reflecting on a volunteer placement|| 10 hours|
You will be given lots of support during and after the programme, which can lead to:
- A Level 1 award
- A better chance of getting a job
- More training
- Joining Personal Best can help you achieve your goals
- Give you the chance to gain new skills
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- Receive advice on further learning and training
- Provide help with looking for jobs
- Get you involved in local sport and cultural activities
- Is a great way to meet new people and make new friends
- Get to know your local area
How do I find out more about Personal Best training?
If you are interested in finding out more about Personal Best, please contact one of our Advisors
direct on 0845 602 9665 or email us or fill in our online form. and we will help to assess your needs and introduce you to training in your local area.