Train'd Up is committed to supporting people to be successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens through the provision of literacy, numeracy and ESOL training in accordance with the Skills For Life Strategy.
Skills for Life is the national strategy for improving adult literacy and numeracy skills. Train'd Up's commitment is to ensure learners have the opportunity to gain sector-specific qualifications and to progress into further training and/or learning and provide additional training support to enable this.
TO ACHIEVE THIS AIM, TRAIN'D UP WILL:
- Provide an initial assessment of strengths, learning needs, learning styles and prior learning for all learners in order to identify any additional support requirements
- Negotiate an individual learning plan on the results of initial assessment for all learners, and in training progress assessment
- Ensure staff have the appropriate skills, qualifications and experience in order to be able to carry out initial assessment and provide support
- Adapt training and assessment to meet individual candidate needs
- Identify external support such as ESOL as required
Following initial assessment Advanced Apprentices will be provided with suitable training provision to meet Key Skills and Functional Skills requirements. Where this is provided by a sub contractor, Train'd Up will ensure a written agreement is in place covering all aspects of this provision to meet the learners needs.
Following initial assessment Train to Gain learners will be provided with suitable training provision to enable them to achieve their programme of learning and to support any other future career and learning aims as identified in their Individual Training Plan.
Following initial assessment, Personal Best learners will be supported by Train'd Up and PB Wrap around provider to secure appropriate ESOL support to meet their current and future needs.
This policy will be monitored both through learner feedback and achievement and retention rates to ensure learner needs, both current and for progression, are fully met.